The Leon Wyczółkowski District Museum in Bydgoszcz organizes another scientific conference in the series Museum – Presentation Forms and Methods. This edition is entitled History in the Museum.
Like the previous conferences, this year's event will explore issues of museology concerning the presentation of various historical collections and related activities. The conference is intended primarily for museum professionals involved in the presentation of historical subjects at expositions and on teaching programmes, as well as for scholars specialising in museology (historical institutes, art history and cultural studies).
The organisation of the conference is organized under the auspices by the Polish Scientific Committee International Council of Museums and the Association of Polish Museum Curators, and supported by the National Institute of Museology and Collection Protection.
The main objective of the conference is to explore the question: How can museums present historical subjects and what means should they use in the process?
Conference touches thematic issues:
1. Methodology and methods of collection development
2. Original, copy, reconstruction
3. Intangible historic heritage (including sites of memory)
4. Methodology and methods of history expositions / Forms and means of presentation of historical subjects in museums
5. Examples of historical expositions (good and bad practices)
6. Forms of history education (exposition as a field of educators' activities)
7. Cultural routes as a way to present history
8. Revitalisation and adaptation of space for exposition purposes / Modern museum architecture